Western Rider Handbook Level 2
Please Note: Equestrian Canada has recently combined Western Rider Levels 1-4 into one manual. We only have a few of the individual level manuals available. Price has been reduced to clear. Content of the new manual is the same as the individualized manuals.
The Western Learn to Ride Program was developed for those individuals who wish to learn safe horsemanship skills and practices on a national standard under the guidance of a certified Equestrian Canada Western Coach. The purpose of this program is to provide new riders with a safe and knowledgeable introduction to Western riding. The Western Learn to Ride Program was developed following definite objectives set forth in order to organize basic western riding skills and to assure a standardization of these same skills.
Rider 2 Candidates will be taught:
- The proper riding position with the use of one hand and two handed positions
- How to post on the correct diagonal and change diagonals
- How to maintain a proper riding position of the (a) Body (b) Legs (c) Hands
- Variation of speed at the lope
- How to execute transitions of the gaits
- How to name and demonstrate the effects of the indirect rein and the neck rein
- How to identify the correct lead (within 5-6 strides)
- How to correctly execute all practical work referred to in Rider Level 1